Tuesday, October 23, 2007

Car Accident #2

I don’t know whether or not my luck ran out for a minute or making a bad judgment call on my instincts was the worst thing to do. All I know is that when you get a into a car accident that is 2 weeks apart from another car accident my personal way of thinking changes completely. Also its one thing for you to be in an accident and be understanding of what happen especially when you were in control, but when you’re the passenger all you can do is gasp for air and just see the outcome. It was a rainy Thursday, at 8:30. My friends and I went in two cars. In one car it was my friends Anthony, Vinny, Corrie and frank. And in the other car it was me, Andy and Daquan. We were on the New Jersey turnpike heading south to Philadelphia. The weather was horrific. It was raining so much that the visibility of the road was hard to see. My friend Andy was driving, and as we were approaching the Number 5 exit of the Turnpike, all of a sudden as we change into the third lane and as we progress for about five miles, Andy lost control and we smashed in to the divider. At first we swerved and the front of his truck got destroyed and as we were swerving the back of the truck scrapped along the divider and we came to a complete stop.
I had nothing to say and I had no idea what happening until we came to the stop. It’s a very scary thing to not be in control to something that could have been prevented or being able to handle the situation a little better than with what really happened. I just glad that everything turned out ok. We didn’t get back to campus until 10:30 in the morning the next day. I just glad no one got hurt and we were all ok. All I know is that for now on, I am going to listen to my instincts no matter what.

No comments: