Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Why I Write

People all over the world have there own reasons for writing; whether they write as an occupation or for the simple pleasures of getting one’s state of mind on paper, as far as I’m concerned, I am one of those people who likes to express themselves on some sort of concrete form such as a journal.
I Enjoyed writing in a journal because it gave me a chance to view and analyze what my emotions and thoughts were on certain days. I remember one of my reasons for starting a journal was simply because of a T.V. Show that I use to watch when I was younger. The Name of the show was “Doug”. Everyday Doug would go on adventures that would involve his friends while being able to gain new experiences. At the end of his day he would sit down in his room and start to write by starting of with “Dear Journal” and write about his day. From that day on I would write in a journal about how my days where and how I felt about certain people.
I also like to write about topics that I know of, something that I can relate to, because when I get my hands on something like that I just get carried away and just keep on writing until my mind’s fuel goes empty. I remember when I was in the 10th grade when my teacher Mr. Dunn gave my class the assignment of writing and autobiography. The first day that I got this assignment I started as soon as could. I became so carried away with my thoughts that, when I was done writing I wrote about 15 pages worth of material. Looking back on this, pages 5-7 were about my feeling and thoughts towards my brother’s battle with cancer. I just couldn’t find any other way of expressing this part of my life that I realized once I started writing about it, I spilled my heart and soul on those pages that when my teacher was done reading it, nothing but tears came out his eyes as well as an A++ for a grade. I Enjoy writing and I just hope that I can continue expressing myself and learn more from my mistakes as well as improve my writing style. It is very important to me that I perfect the art of expressing words of my own into a manner that not only is clear but professionally too. I can’t wait until I can improve my skills and become a better writer.

No comments: