Tuesday, September 25, 2007

First In Class Essay

In my opinion, I believe that places have plenty of things that not only influence us but truly shape us to who we are today. For example I grew up In Brooklyn. Bensonhurst to be exact and the majority of people in my neighborhood is older Italian and Asian people. My family is probably the only dark person in that my neighborhood.
And I can honestly say that I act like where I come from. I am respectful, Quiet and definitely old fashion. I don’t have the tendency to do bad Things. I don’t feel the need to act like a “thug” Nor feel the need to rob someone just cause “I Need to Survive”. Thankfully I had everything I Need and I am grateful for everyday. I Respect my parents and appreciate the things they needed to sacrifice for me in order for me to have a better life than them. This means that I have to do my part by working hard for them but most importantly for me. So I can raise my children right someday. That is the only and best way I can thank and repay my parents. Plus help my father pay for his Mercedes Benz when I work full time. But all joking aside, not all environments are as positive as mine.
Sadly I have relatives’ In Washington Heights, Manhattan. Now it’s not the worst neighborhood in the world but it’s definitely not the best place to raise your family right. My cousin spent all there time with there drunk parents and just stay there from morning to night. It’s sad because while there doing their stupidity my cousins are just observing all that negativity. They were born there and they are going to die there. Luckily my parents took me out of that environment and to be honest with you, I was better for it. My All my cousin now older have already started there families but yet the all live there and are doing the same thing there parents did. Now there children are going to follow the same route as they did. Now I honestly believe that if they would have grown up in another area, a calmer environment than maybe things would have been different.
Now I’m not saying everyone is a true product of their environment. Like there are certain people that do want to get out from where ever it is the want to leave. But the majorities of people are ignorant and really think that they are living when really there so much more beyond those invisivble walls that seem to be trapped behind of.

No comments: