Sunday, December 2, 2007

I Love My City!

I haven’t been home for almost 2 months and I got to say I missed Brooklyn. It was weird because when I went back home Thursday, I went to see my mother at her job. It was her birthday so I decided to surprise her because I told her that I wasn’t going to be home until Christmas. And I was enjoying the walk getting there. The smell of real Italian Pizza, and the bakery and just the smell that Brooklyn has it self, I notice a big difference right away. But it only got better. After I saw my mother at her school job, it was still early and I went into Manhattan to go see my sister at her job. And I was so happy to see the people on the train. Just seeing the quite old man, the ignorant and load Jr. High school kids that get out at that time of the day. The immigrant workers that are traveling from one side of the city to another for their jobs (don’t ask how I know that) and last but not least the interracial couples that disgust old fashion people. I was so happy being able to take the D train and observing and realized right than and their how much I love this city and Because Of the way it is I truly can’t say I would rather be anywhere else in the world. Even though you don’t think it no matter where you are in NYC, you end up seeing different things. And that’s apart of the great experience that this place really brings. I love New York and I would trade for the world. Well continuing the story I Went to 14th street and 8 Av where she works and just saw all the different people that her job alone brings. My sister works for a clinic in the village. In this clinic there a lot of Homosexuals and people who where one thing and now are something else. What I mean by that is at one point someone was a woman and decided they wanted to be a man and became that man. It hard to believe but I saw it when my own eyes and as freaky as it sounds, no matter what they are people and I was able to meet them and the are the most nicest group of people and my sister tells me that its always something new. Her job brings something new everyday and is never a dull day; I take her word for it. But I guess the point I was trying to make that In New York is a place where you expect the unexpected. You Got to love it, I know I do.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hello. This post is likeable, and your blog is very interesting, congratulations :-). I will add in my blogroll =). If possible gives a last there on my blog, it is about the Wireless, I hope you enjoy. The address is http://wireless-brasil.blogspot.com. A hug.